Saturday, June 10, 2006

Jesus made the stars

So tonight Kellen and I went to a party hosted by one of my co-workers. She has had a fish camp named after her and was having a pool party & cook-out tonight for all of the counselors and invited some of us from work to attend. By the way, in case any of you were wondering, Kellen did GREAT in the pool. He jumped in, put his face under water, floated on the noodle chest down - both assisted and unassisted, and practiced his kicking and blowing bubbles in the water. He was so proud of himself and did not want to get out of the water when we needed to get ready to leave.

After getting out, he made up to one of the girls...wanted to sit on her lap and play with her...he's such a flirt! It was adorable! When he decided that he wanted to sit with her he asked me very quietly, "Mommy, I want to sit with her," and pointed to the girl. So I told him that it was ok and that he needed to walk over there and ask her if he could sit with her. The first time, he made it halfway and then ran back to me, acting shy...the second time he did it and just started playing like he had known her for forever!

So we say our goodbye's and are walking out to the car, when he whispers to me, "I didn't give kisses bye-bye!" We then turn around, go back in and he gives my co-worker and host of the party a kiss. It was just so sweet!

Anyway...we make it home and out of the car and he looks up at the sky, points out the stars, then remarks, "There are lots of stars up there. Jesus made the stars, Mommy." Now I ask you...how sweet is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment