Monday, December 01, 2008

Phone call....and other milestones

Normally phone calls from daycare in the middle of the day to me at work are a bad thing.

However, I received one today on my cell while I was in a meeting and had a message waiting for me when I got finished...Tatum was fine, they were calling to tell me that as of then (between 2:45 - 3 PM), she was DRY and had gone on the potty probably at least 4 times. Really!

I was then told that her cheeks and mouth area were red, but we've already pretty much figured out that's from her intense sucking on her pacifier. *sigh*

I got to daycare to pick her up after work, was about to walk out of the classroom, and she tells me that she has to go potty. I listened. And she did.

Fast forward to home...before bathtime, she tells me again. Success. After bath before getting ready for bed. Success again.

I guess I really should pull out the existing cloth training pants we might have and get to shopping for some new ones for her, huh? 'Cause we're talking about success on both numbers here, if you get my drift.

I'm not really ready for all of these milestones....(Although I love each and every one of them.)

'Cause did I mention that Kellen is now 39.4 pounds, according to MawMaw and PawPaw's scale, anyway? That may not mean anything to anyone, so let me explain the relevance of that statement. Our carseat is only good as a forward facing, 5-pt harness carseat up to 40 pounds. Once they hit the 40 pound mark, it's supposed to be converted into a booster. I have barely a half a pound left before that oh-so-huge milestone.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that other sweet girls are also having bathroom success! :) And I know what you mean about the booster--Caleb has been in one for 6 months or so, and he just looks like such a big boy. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe my little man weighs more than yours! I figured Kellen was way bigger than Caleb! He's graduated to the booster, as well....and is now at 44 lbs! And....growing more every day....so sad to see them grow so quickly!

    ReplyDelete