Had another ultrasound and non-stress today and both turned out fine. She's hanging in there on the low end of the 'normal' range for AFI. And she gained a whopping half a pound in three days!
Yup. You read that correctly. She went from 6 lb, 6 oz on Friday to 6 lb, 14 oz today (give or take 7 oz to each of those).
The doc popped his head in to say hi and I took advantage of the opportunity to ask about induction. And we're now scheduled to go into the hospital THIS Friday at 10 PM to begin the process.
As you can see, my maniac-ness is continuing. I thought about it, bugged Matt, then asked both Aunt Boo and Kellen what they thought about holding off on the birthday party for a week and having Jacey this weekend instead. To be fair, I actually asked Kellen if he wanted Jacey to come before his birthday and/or birthday party. He said yes. He wanted her to come before his birthday and birthday party so that she could come to the party, too. And let's be realistic...there's no way Aunt Boo is going to come down here so close to his birthday and NOT celebrate it.
So he'll end up getting a family birthday celebration and his 'real' birthday party out of the deal (although he doesn't know that) and we're good!
By my calculations, I have 4 nights to finish up the projects around the house. And tonight Tatum and I went to the pool so that she could have a swim lesson and I could float. I'm so glad that I went ahead and mustered up the energy to do that! She and I had fun playing before her lesson, she had fun with Cymon during her lesson, I was able to float in water that was amazingly cool, and even swam some (slow) laps while she was having her lesson. And I actually feel a little refreshed!
Praise the Lord!
We got home, I bathed her, we had dinner, got ready for bed, read and she's tucked in all tuckered out. Nice!
Now on to my maniac ways. I've been having contractions since about 3:30 or so this afternoon. For about 2 hours they were 3-9 minutes apart. A little more sporadic than what would be considered 'real' labor, if I remember correctly, but strong ones nonetheless. They stopped while we were at the pool (for the most part), and started back up when we got back home. I'm thinking they're nothing, other than a nusiance.
So, to continue with mustering energy, I have unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and the dishes are washing right now. I've done 3 loads of laundry (so far) tonight, and have a stack of clean laundry to fold and put away. I've swept and mopped the kitchen floor and cleaned off the counters. I've picked up quite a bit in the living room, and wanted to vacuum the house, but since Tatum is already in bed and asleep, I'll try to do that in the morning before we leave for the day.
And I'm determined to soak in the tub tonight and use some more of my rediscovered 'goodies' from the bathroom cleaning spree.
Wish me luck!
Thanks for the text message! I am so excited for you and am making myself available to help with anything you need in prep for baby! (or after)
ReplyDelete