For still being so tired....despite being in my 2nd trimester.
The doctors watch my thyroid levels REALLY closely when I'm pregnant, and I just got back some numbers that MIGHT explain why I'm still SO TIRED! The TSH has an "normal" range; however, my body (and the doctors) like for me to be at the lower end of this range (~1.0). My levels are currently at 3.3 (high end of the normal range is 5.1) - I was a 0.2 the last time I went in. So, needless to say, the doctor upped my dosage of meds...During my pregnancy with Kellen, we ended up tripling the dosage, and this is the first increase of my meds with this pregnancy. He wants me to do a gradual increase - 2 different doses, 1 4X/wk; 1 3X/wk, for 4 weeks then go completely on the higher dose for another 2 weeks, then run more lab work. Keep your fingers crossed that this will help some with my energy level!
No comments:
Post a Comment