Well, we told Kellen on Saturday morning that he was going to be a big brother. It was actually rather anti-climactic.
Matt and I called him into the kitchen, I sat him on my lap and started off with, "You know how you've been wanting a baby sister or baby brother?"
Kellen: "Baby sister!"
Mommy: "Ok, I know, baby sister. Honey, Mommy and Daddy can't control that, ok? Well, Mommy and Daddy are going to have a baby and it's growing in Mommy's tummy, see?"
Daddy: "Kellen, this means that you're going to be a BIG BROTHER!"
Kellen: "Yay!" Slight pause..."I want to go and play with Woody and Buzz in my room."
He slides off of my lap and starts to walk away.
Daddy: "Wait Kellen. Do you understand what Mommy and Daddy are telling you? You're going to be a big brother, are you excited?"
Kellen: "Yes. Can I go and play now?"
****
This morning on the way to school, I asked him if he was excited about being a big brother. His response,
"I NOT a big brother YET! Not yet!"
Well alrighty then!
No comments:
Post a Comment