Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I guess he solved that issue with his recent comment

I'll preface this little story by saying that DH and I had been contemplating not putting up a Christmas tree or many decorations since we're trying to declutter and get our place ready to sell.

I pick Kellen up from school today, and today was the day that all the kids hung their handmade ornaments on the school Christmas tree. Kellen excitedly hangs up his green star, then we set off to come home. In the car, he tells me, "It's Merry Christmas at school, but not at home." A little surpised, I asked him why does he think that. His response, "There is a Christmas tree at school, but not one at our house."

Well that solved that debate. I believe we'll be getting the Christmas tree sometime this weekend.

**** Sweet big brother moment ****
Tatum was(is) really kicking this afternoon, so I asked Kellen if he wanted to feel her kick. He did, so he had his hand on my belly while she was kicking - with this really excited look on his face. Then he turned to me and said, "She's kicking because she's ready to come out of your tummy!"

While this was happening, I had my t-shirt pulled up over my belly...when he was finished feeling her kick, I started to pull my shirt back down and he told me to wait. He said that she needed a blanket to cover her up - then proceeded to go and get one of his blankets and "tuck-in" his sister - and my belly. Just adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment