I'll make this a short post...but it's been a rough day. We had to put Bailey down today, and neither Matt nor I are doing very well with that. Then Matt lost his phone - *sigh* Just not a great day.
Matt had a talk with Kellen on the way home from school about Bailey and that he wouldn't be at our house anymore. He and I had talked about what each of us thought we should say to him, so Matt incorporated both of our thoughts into his talk. So, before bedtime, this is my conversation with Kellen:
Mommy: Kellen, do you want to talk about Bailey?
Kellen: Not right now. I don't want to talk about it.
Mommy: Ok, but I want to make sure you know that it's ok to be sad because Bailey isn't here.
Kellen: I'm not sad.
Mommy: You're not sad?
Kellen: No, Bailey is with Jesus. But Mommy and Daddy are sad, but not Kellen.
Mommy at this point in time is choking back tears. He's handling it so well...Too bad Mommy and Daddy aren't.
No comments:
Post a Comment