In preparation for Kellen's birthday party, I asked him where he wanted to have it and who he wanted to invite. He thought about it, and told me he wanted to have the party at McDonald's, then proceeded to dictate the guest list.
Since it's a summer birthday, and I didn't have the foresight to get the class list and contact information while he was still IN school, I contacted his teacher for the contact information for the kids he wanted to invite.
We went with a superhero theme (surprise, surprise) and I worked up the evites and went with it...I commissioned a Spiderman cake as the "surprise" cake for the party, and we were pretty well set (I love not having to stress about party's when the location does all of the work for you!).
After church and naps, Kellen was SUPER-excited, put on his special 'birthday boy' shirt and was counting down the minutes until it was time to GO! He just had such a good time with his friends!
I look at him and honestly wonder where the time has gone...how has it been six years since he was born? He is growing into an amazing young man...so caring and compassionate, attune to other people's feelings and hilariously funny. Don't get me wrong...he's ALL BOY as well, as his many scars and my many phone calls from counselors can attest to, but he's certainly my sweetie and I love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment