Thursday, September 03, 2009

A little slice of heaven...

In case you're wondering, a little slice of heaven today includes snuggles with my sweet little girl, who is celebrating her 2 1/2 year birthday today, as I was rocking her and putting her to sleep. It also includes listening to my 6 year old read to himself from down the hallway in the meantime.

It's a good way to make up for not being able to make it to Ladies Night Out tonight...God sure knew what I needed, huh?

The kids were well behaved, finally agreed on a movie, ate their dinner, and didn't even balk when I had them get ready and go to bed before the movie was over. Now I know Wall-E isn't the most interesting movie in the world, but they both enjoy it and neither wanted to be through watching it, so it means that they were really being behaved and obeying tonight. And after the week I've had, I really needed them to behave so I could have that little slice of heaven tonight.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment