Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family update

Well, I went in for a regular appointment today, and a month ago the doc told me I would leave this appointment with the 'reveal' scheduled.  As we chatted, I asked when I would be finding out...his reply, "Schedule it, then come back and see me in a month."  So, I went to set up the appointments before I left the office and lo and behold, there was an opening for TOMORROW with the sonographer.  Sooooo, if peanut cooperates, we'll know the gender of our family bookend tomorrow shortly after 1 PM.  Oh, and if you missed it, we're having our #3.  I'm 17 weeks and a handful of days, with a due date of July 31st.

Both of the kids want a baby brother.  Some friends insist that the fact that they BOTH want a brother MUST mean I'm having a girl.  Others say that kids are pretty accurate (Kellen was with Tatum!).  My office co-workers did the string and pencil trick over my belly today and it went in a circle, which apparently means a girl.

Who knows?

But, we'll find out tomorrow (at least if peanut is cooperative).

In other news, we're gearing up for Tatum's third birthday party this weekend.  After asking her repeatedly who she wanted to come to her party, we settled on her very consistent answer, and are going with a low-key party with three friends plus Kellen.  So as I type, the kids are picking up stray toys, book, articles of clothing, and other miscellaneous stuff from around the house in preparation for the carpet cleaning which will commence tomorrow (preparations made courtesy of Matthew...he's desperate to get the carpets cleaned and stretched).  I'm hopeful for a nice day so we can go out in the backyard, but since our weather has had the equivalent of bipolar mood swings lately, I'm not banking on that and have back-up indoor activities ready to go.  I went and picked out princess party gear yesterday (instead of going home after our department closed down due to inclement weather).  I now have pink and purple princess plates, napkins, cups, goody bags, and a purple Happy Birthday tiara for the birthday princess.

Speaking of inclement weather, we had SNOW yesterday!  And enough of it for the kids to have a snowball fight.  No snow angels or snowmen, much to Aunt Boo's dismay, I'm sure, but they had fun outside nonetheless.  Even if their fun only lasted for as long as it took for the snow to make their gloves wet.  Which, in case you're wondering, is about five minutes.  And then all schools (at least the ones I'm concerned with) didn't open up as scheduled this morning.  Tatum's daycare opened at 9:35, Kellen's school started at 9:50, and TAMU opened at 10.

In case you're wondering, snow day + cold night + delayed school startings = ONE LAZY MORNING at the Hapes household.  And it was VERY nice.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Rebecca! It seems like all the cool people are having three kids!! just kidding! But we are so excited for yall! Can't wait to hear the pink/blue news!!

    ReplyDelete