3 years ago Tatum came into the world and forever changed my life. She brings such joy to each and every day and I cannot imagine my family without her. Happy birthday, Tatum!!
She realized today that it was REALLY her birthday. She's been calling herself three since the party on Saturday, and it didn't make much sense to try and correct her. Maw Maw apparently tried to tell her yesterday that her actual birthday was today, but she didn't accept that. This morning; however, after she and I talked about it, she ran around the house singing "Happy birthday" to herself and having a grand ol' time. She is so precious.
I realized again today just how truly blessed I am. Some of the reasons for that continued realization and reminder are fodder for another post, so I'll get back to them later.
After picking her up, we swung by the house, she watched an episode of "Yo Gabba Gabba" then we went to pick up her brother. The surprise was then ON...to McDonald's we went for a treat dinner. And the additional surprise was that I had called Nikki and arranged for Logan and Kylie to play with the kids for her birthday. She had asked about them earlier in the day, so we were able to connect so they could have a birthday play date. Then back to the house for a birthday cupcake and cake, then off to the bath and bed...
Goodnight world, and Lord, help me never to forget how truly blessed I am with the wonderful children you have bestowed on Matt and I to raise.
No comments:
Post a Comment