So for one, it's spring break. And I'm officially off of work. For some reason, I had been working under the illusion that I had Wednesday through Friday off when in actuality it was just Thursday and Friday. I came to that realization last week. And I've been mourning the loss of that 'vacation' day in my head since then.
But you know what, it all worked out ok. IF I had been off of work, I most likely wouldn't have been in town. And I would have delayed going in to see anyone about my sore throat, coughing, and occasional sneezing, despite the fact that I've just felt 'off' for the last (almost) week. And the bronchitis would have gotten MUCH worse.
Yes, I have bronchitis again. I must be very good at bronchitis, or at least a good hostess to it, because it seems to come and visit me often. I also apparently have fluid behind my ears. My mother so brilliantly pointed out to me that might explain my dizziness and feeling faint when I go from a sitting or kneeling position to standing up. Never crossed my mind until she said that, but it certainly seems to explain things. At least a better explanation than, 'Oh, I'm just pregnant.' My sinus cavities are also apparently clogged. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes, because the PA was very surprised I hadn't been having headaches or pressure because of this. Nope. This might also explain, in part at least, why I'm having trouble sleeping. Because if you can't breathe very well when you're sitting up, which apparently I cannot, due to all of my blockage, breathing when you're trying to lie down is quite a bit more difficult. Again, a much better explanation than, 'Oh, I'm just pregnant.' And it was apparently a good thing that I went in when I did and caught it early, because in the PA's words, 'You would have been in urgent care later this week or this weekend,' if I hadn't come in today.
So, a shot of rocephin (and I have no clue as to whether or not I'm spelling that correctly, but whatever) and a prescription for an antibiotic and mucinex D later, I went back to work. Limped back to work that is. Those shots are painful! I'm still feeling the effects of the actual shot tonight!
Oh, and did you know that pharmacies aren't allowed to sell you mucinex D through the window? As in drive through window that I thought would be much quicker for getting my prescription? It wasn't. Who knew?
At any rate, the antibiotic shot should get my healing process started much quicker, and maybe this round of bronchitis won't wipe me out for a month like the last one did. But hey, I didn't wait nearly as long to go into the doctor this time, did I?
Blessings come in all shapes and sizes, and who knew that my having to work a day I thought I was getting off would help me out in this way?
I hope you'll be on the mend! Pregnant women shouldn't have to be sick.
ReplyDelete