Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nice...

Nice things....

1. Terrible two's that began at 18 months (with both kids).  Really.  'Cause they are NOTHIN' compared to how my kids act once they turn 3.  There should be a word to go along with the 3's, but it has to be much worse than terrible.  Tatum reminded me about how much trouble the 3's were on Monday and Tuesday evenings when we were attending functions as she morphed into a monster.

2.  Strong willed children.  Because really, I would rather have strong willed children who stand up for what they believe in than one who is swayed by whatever.  I must continually repeat this as I deal with the molding of said strong willed children.

3.  Reminders about how great the Mommy hat is that I wear.  They come in the form of, "Mommy, you're the best Mommy ever.  Did you know that?"  Tatum said this to me tonight after asking who bought her the ballerina outfit she was putting on and I answered that I had.

4.  The love my kids have for each other.  It's demonstrated in so many ways.  Kellen will crawl into Tatum's bed to snuggle with her just because.  It's demonstrated in the 'hero saving the princess from the monster' games that are currently taking place as I type this.  And in the fact, that many a morning, I see two little heads walking into my room, hand-in-hand, to climb into Mommy and Daddy's bed.  And because Kellen will throw a fit if someone other than him makes lunch for Tatum to take to school.  And when Tatum insists to go with me into Kids Klub to pick Kellen up from school.  And in the 'let me help you' I'm now hearing from Kellen as he's trying to calm and soothe her since she just hurt herself.


1 comment:

  1. So, so sweet. Good reminder to me to appreciate the nice things. Hope yall are doing well. Any names for that little girl on the way??

    ReplyDelete