Sunday, April 04, 2010

We have a winner!

Well, Friday was Matt's birthday, and despite the fact that he added a year to his age on Facebook, I think he had a pretty good day.  Both of the kids were out of school on Friday, but TAMU was up and running (at least for faculty/staff), so I went to work while he stayed home with the kids.  Shortly before his parents were slated to arrive (we ended up going out to eat with them Friday night), I sighed and told Matt that I really wanted us to work on a name for peanut.

He started playing on name websites, I got out my phone, which holds the 'list' of names that I had compiled, then whittled down (based on popular names of 2009), and off we went.  We had a couple of 'maybe's' from him for those on my list: Aliza (joyful); Bianca (white); Leala (faithful, loyal), but we really weren't both sold on any of those yet.  I had already vetoed Riley (which was # 109 in 2009, putting it on the officially ok list, but was 36 in 2008 and 52 in 2007, which in my opinion was just too common too recently for me).  So Riley got the official veto.  Matt wasn't liking Shilo (God's gift), so we were still in the looking phase.  Well, he starts rattling names off of whatever website he was on, and said "Jacey."  It apparently means healer and is of Greek origin.  And it's in the 800's on the most popular names list.

So, we both really like it and it's official.  Peanuts' real name is now Jacey.

We're still working on her middle name, so stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment