So for those of you who read this on occasion and don't have a Facebook profile, I realized that I have neglected to update the world via this format on the gender of peanut.
Peanut was fairly cooperative when Matt and I went in for the ultrasound, and gave us a fairly clear view of HER bottom.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we're having another girl!
It's been a couple of weeks now since we found out, and Tatum has adjusted quite nicely to the idea. She's having a hard time with grasping that she'll be both a little sister AND a big sister. She continues to think that she'll be a little sister and a big brother. Go figure. We're working on it...
As for Kellen, it seems as though he truly feels he'll never get to speak again. He's blessed with one complete chatterbox of a sister, and thinks that is how all girls are. So in his mind, if he has a hard time getting a word in edgewise now, it's never gonna happen when there are two of them hanging around. We'll have to be sure and give him some one-on-one time so that he can actually talk with us! And perhaps not come down on him too hard when he interrupts, because I can't entirely say that I'll blame him.
When I did mention that the two girls will most likely share a room when Peanut (no, we still haven't settled on a name yet) gets a little older, Kellen's response was a very sad, "But who am I going to share a room with?" So I guess the results are in with the room-sharing experiment. They really like being in the same room!
No comments:
Post a Comment