So, I've missed 6 out of the last 13 days of work to deal with a sick kid. The same sick kid. And she was dealing with two different issues. First it was a cold-turned-pinkeye. Treatment was a five day course of a rather expensive antibiotic. Now we have a virus - one whose name I cannot remember nor pronounce if I could, which has resulted in virtually a full-body rash, plus an ear infection thrown in for good measure. Treatment is now a 10-day course of yet another antibiotic.
Thank God for doctors.
Thank God for a job that provides me with excellent insurance and health care coverage.
And to top things off (as if the above trio wasn't enough), Jacey is thisclose to cutting her two top teeth. There is a huge bulge and the top right tooth is just begging to come through.
I sure hope it does, because she is just miserable.
Unfortunately, I don't know if she's miserable from the virus, ear infection, or tooth.
*sigh*
And in other news, during this most recent home-bound experience, I have managed to wash almost every piece of laundry in the house that had been dirty. I've also gotten the oil changed in my van, washed and vacuumed it (I think the van might actually be suffering from shock, really), and purged expired sunscreen (I recently learned that it expired...such a great mommy am I...). I went grocery shopping, experimented with the new Starbucks iced cocoa cappuccino (decaf, of course), and deep cleaned the desk.
I've learned that Jacey is going to be just as accident-prone as her siblings. And she doesn't learn something the first time...another lesson-the-hard-way child, I'm afraid.
She's toppled a metal child-chair on herself. Twice. And the second time resulted in a bloody busted lip. She pulled a wooden photo box off the bookshelf and aimed it just perfectly so that it landed on her ankle, breaking the skin and her little heart, but luckily not any bones.
I've not looked too terribly much at my email coming through furiously on my phone, and will simply deal with it all when I get back into the office. Sorry work-world, my baby is sick. And when that happens, the mommy hat comes first.
No comments:
Post a Comment