WHAT?
*sigh*
She now has 7 teeth....
5/3 - top left (#5)
5/11 - top right (#6)
5/19 - bottom left (#7)
So she was at a nice stair-step pace of a tooth every 8 days there for a few weeks. I'm still waiting on #8.
She can say, "Da da" "Ma ma" and "Aggie". Don't laugh, I have witnesses (twice in one day and she hasn't repeated it since. It was an eventful Parent's Weekend). She likes the 'ba', 'da', and 'ma' sounds, but you'll mostly hear her with the 'ba' sounds.
She has started to scrunch up her nose when she smiles, and it's the most adorable thing! It just makes you smile right back at her, if you weren't already doing so.
She's taking up to a half dozen step at a time now. It's precious! She doesn't do that many all that often, but moreso a handful of steps now and then. Her most efficient mobility method is certainly crawling. And crawl she does. And FAST! We have mastered the art of moving furniture around in the living room to keep her contained. Or at least attempt to keep her contained.
It's interesting to watch her play with her toys. She certainly has some favorites, and they currently include the activity table, our Disney pop up toy, and her musical mirrored toy. She likes music and sound and thoroughly enjoys toys that have music and sound. This is, of course, much to Mommy's delight.
As for the food side of things, she is still in love with refried beans. Really. It's ridiculous how much this child loves her refried beans. She'll actually yell at you if you don't feed her the beans on her schedule. She still really likes the baby food meats, and recently explored the meat sticks (which she liked as well). She'll be my carnivore for sure! She doesn't really like veggies, other than green beans (and she likes those off of our plate...not necessarily the baby food kind). She'll now eat squash and sweet potatoes reluctantly, and still doesn't care much for many of the other 'normal' fruits. No applesauce, no pears, and she'll barely tolerate peaches.
But we're still trying, and introducing, and letting her go at her own pace. It's so different NOT to have a chubby baby. Kellen and Tatum looked like they were put together with marshmallows....and Jacey is my string bean. I certainly think she'll be tall!
She gave me a great birthday present this month, and on the night of my birthday, she slept all night long. She hasn't done it since then, and it had been a while since she had done that for me. It was so nice!! I now remember what a full night sleep feels like, and I'm wondering if I would have been better off to have forgotten that. Jury is still out on that one.
She is normally a pleasant, sweet girl. When she's upset - she's really upset. I think her temper might rival Tatum's....and that is really saying something.
She's not my good sleeper...but I guess every family has to have one of those, right? She doesn't typically just like to get laid in her bed while awake to go to sleep. She fights it. HARD. She's
This particular issue seems to be getting a little better. We've had a good sleep week, if you will. What I've realized - particularly tonight - is that I'm waiting too long to put her to sleep. I have been putting her down between 7-8 PM, but tonight, she made it clear that she was tired at 6:30. So I put her down. Yes, at 6:30. She didn't cry. She didn't grab at my neck as I was lowering her into the crib. She didn't tense up going near her crib. She laid down, put her thumb in her mouth, grabbed her silky blankie, and that was it.
So I think it's been a mommy-issue all along. She may have been over tired.
I'll update later if my current thought continues to be correct.
At any rate, I'm now looking forward to planning her first birthday party....and am picking up random "1st birthday" bibs and assorted birthday party ideas.
Time flies, doesn't it? I cannot believe that she's over 10 months old already!
No comments:
Post a Comment