So with these ideas, I went in search of my perfect wreath to begin my backdrop. Then I carefully selected my colors. I then spent entirely too long trying to find just the right sprig to make it all come together. Then I did the same thing for the materials for the spring wreath I was making for my mother in law.
I was overjoyed to realized that my procrastination had payed off when I found out the wreaths were 50% off on the day I purchased them. SCORE one for procrastination!
Craft night came. I fiddled around with making the flowers, tossing aside the template because it seemed too complicated (and I'm a simple girl and like easy things).
And my flowers turned out something like this.
I only got through with a few of them and it seemed like I looked up and it was time for me to leave. I was in no way, shape or form ready to be finished with the night.
But I went back home and let my fabulous in-laws go home (thank you!). Then I proceeded to continue with my crafty streak.
And I finished with a wreath that looked like this.
So there you have it....my spring wreath for my door. The very next night, I made another one for my mother in law....and although in this picture it appears crooked, imagine it hanging correctly...and her spring wreath turned out like this.
It has felt very good to be crafty! I have realized how much I miss that aspect of my life. I do have creative juices and apparently they do sometimes like to flow. And I guess it's good to sometimes remember that!
My front door is thanking me.





No comments:
Post a Comment