Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Spell-a-thon winner!

When I picked Kellen up on Monday, I noticed a flash of brightness in his hands, and then he quickly hid whatever it was behind his back.  It looked remarkably similar to a trophy, but I couldn't figure out what it would have been for.  I knew they were going to announce the class, grade level and overall awards for those had fundraised for the Spell-a-Thon, but hadn't seen anything come through on the PTO listserv all day, but it never entered my mind to put the two together.

With a mischievous grin, Kellen walks over to me.  "Close your eyes, Mommy."

I obliged.

Then he proceeds to show me this.

"

In case you can't read it, "Most Money Raised, Top in Class - 3rd Grade"

As we walk out he also tells me, "And I got a green today!" (That means he had a really good day at school without misbehaving)

It was a good day!  We decided that we're going to write thank-you notes to all of those who contributed to him and his participation in the Spell-a-Thon, so if you're one of those individuals, get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment