Each year our sorority row hosts Halloween, and our kids absolutely LOVE attending their festivities. We have invited many of our friends to attend with us over the years, and it has turned into one of our family traditions.
The kids love it. They talk about the big houses. They talk about the lots of people. They talk about the games. And they talk about the candy. The good candy. (Come on, you know what I'm talking about. It's the type of candy you want to eat yourself but you don't necessarily want to buy to hand out to others. There, I said it.)
And we don't have to worry about checking the candy. And we know that we can take our candy tax and they'll still have plenty for weeks to come.
I'm not kidding.
Weeks.
Really. Weeks.
Since it's getting dark earlier now, we made sure to get a group picture as we started the evening off to ensure that we actually got one.
And then we realized that the ninja didn't have his mask on, so we tried again. After several attempts, we got this.
Then we did a couple with just my sweet ones.
And when they had had just about enough of Mommy and her camera (let's be honest here - they were past that point, really), we went on to the houses and the fun!!
Such a great idea, a fun event, and a fabulous night. I love that our college students put this event on for the community!!
After this event we went and visited Bubba (a retired professor that Mommy worked with for years) and played at his house for a while before finally calling it a night. I don't think it took the kids 10 minutes once their heads hit the pillows to fall asleep!





No comments:
Post a Comment