Well, Kellen got to live out the consequences of his choices tonight. He and I were having a night to ourselves, and he asked to watch Madagascar...I decided to allow him (which may have been my first problem) and he sat sweetly on the couch to watch it. Then he proceeded to go through two sippy cup fulls of apple juice/water. A little bit later we were eating our dinner on the couch (we were going pretty informal tonight) and I asked him if he needed to go potty. He tells me no, so I let it go (he hasn't been having too many accidents lately). About 10 minutes later, he gets off of the couch and heads down the hall...seconds later I hear him calling me. Well, he tried to make it, but ended up having an accident on the floor right NEXT to the potty...and it was a big accident. So, I had him undress and cleaned him (and the room) up. While I was finishing the room clean-up, he walked into his room and started pulling out drawers (which he knows he's not allowed to do, by the way). So, he got a talking to for that one. Since it was close to bedtime, I went ahead and got his night clothes and a pull-up out for him - when he realized what I was getting out, he started to throw a fit. I told him that we were just changing clothes because he had an accident, that he needed to stop throwing a fit, and that if he threw another one, he was going straight to bed (without finishing the movie, which at this point in time was still playing in the living room). Not even two seconds later he throws another fit...so what do I have to do? Put him to bed. Period. When he realizes that I'm serious, he REALLY starts throwing a fit, tears streaming down his face, the whole nine. Well buddy, mommy warned you!
After he got into bed, he reminded me that we hadn't brushed his teeth (yes, he's obsessive about brushing and flossing each night - and we just started brushing in the sink and practicing our spitting) so we went and took care of that. Then back in his room - I tucked him in and turned his music on. Then he decided that he didn't want that music, so I changed the CD, only to have him throw yet ANOTHER fit because he didn't want the music he had just told me he wanted. Who is this child? So, another choice for him to make. He listens to the music that he asked me for or no music at all (which, to him...is unthinkable at night and naptime - we didn't start out that way, but transitioned unintentionally to that when he moved to the toddler bed). He chooses the music, but is still crying as I turn it on again. Tucked in yet another time and that's it. Close the door to his room and that's all she wrote.
He MUST be tired, because I haven't heard a PEEP out of that room for the last 20 minutes. Lord, please let my child be the one who crawls out of that bed in the morning instead of this tantrum-throwing toot.
Oh, bless you Rebecca. I was starting to think mine was the only one that went crazy from time to time. *sigh* I'm not nearly as disciplined as you are though. I have to work on it.
ReplyDeleteAnd just so you know - That second picture on my blog, the one where he's standing with his cousins, he is standing on a step-stool. So he definitely looks too tall there! *hugs* I promise to call you sometime this week!