Sunday, May 06, 2007

He wanted to share

Kellen went to a birthday party yesterday with a Curious George theme. In the party favor bag was, among other things, a small, stuffed-animal monkey. For obvious reasons, Kellen named him George, and has been trying to take his shirt of him ever since - unsuccessfully, I might add. Anyway, he did already have a monkey that he called George, but it was a bright pink monkey with velcro hands...so he decided that he wanted to be a really good big brother and share his toy with his little sister.

This is the sight that I see when I walk into the living room to check on Tatum. Mind you...I didn't tell him to do this nor did I know that he actually had done this until afterwards.

When I asked him if he had done this, his reply to me was, "I wanted to share my monkey with Tatum, Mommy."

Now how can you argue with that?

Oh and by the way...the swing was actually moving when he managed to do this...

Well, I didn't get everything on my to-do list done, but then again, there was entirely too many things on that list...I did; however, take both of the kids with me grocery shopping...then back out to get the correct size of aluminum pans for freezing, then cooked a double back of a penne casserole; a double batch of a pizza pasta casserole; a double bactch (and then some) of lasagna; and a double batch (which actually makes at least 5 dinners with leftovers) of cheesy chicken spaghetti. I have completely rearranged my freezer, and officially have no room left for anything of any size...expressed milk I can still manage to fit in there, but not much else (and I've somehow got to find space for that extra pot roast...hmmm). I emptied the dishwasher, and have re-loaded it...will run it right before I go to bed. Both kids have been fed, put to bed, and are asleep...and I've even managed to keep some laundry going during the day. Now..if only I can get it folded and put away... Maybe I'll get the rest of the to-do list done after lunch tomorrow...

This may not be much to some of you...but I just feel like I've really gotten some things done today!

1 comment:

  1. She's PRECIOUS!! I love love love these photos! James and I will be there on May 23rd and we leave on May 30 @ 2. Please tell me you'll be around some of that weekend! *hugs*

    Jen

    ReplyDelete