Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Learning

We just got DVR a week or so ago, and I'm loving it (I knew that I would). Matt surprised me with it, since prior to this we had no way to record anything .

Well, Kellen is capable of using many of the various remotes that we have, he's familiar with the basic, most-used bottons; on/off, volume, & channels on the TV remote; play, stop and pause on the DVD remote, but we hadn't worked with him on the DVR stuff yet. It was just too new and we haven't had a chance.

Well, amidst the many episodes of Scrubs, House, and some random other movies that we've caught, I DVR'ed Hercules for him. Today as he was watching it, I showed him how to fast forward through commercials and then play when the commercials were over. He caught the hang of it really quickly, but then got upset when he didn't push play fast enough and didn't know how to rewind. So I talked him through that and then simply exclaimed,

"Now you know how to fast forward and if you go too far, you know how to go backwards and rewind!"

"Yup. I'm learning." was his reply.

I don't quite know why that struck me as funny, but I almost fell off of the couch laughing at the way he said that!

No comments:

Post a Comment