So Kellen is COMPLETELY and totally pushing the limits today...Just testing EVERYTHING. So much so that, although we were going to attend but would have been late because of naps, he made some choices that cost him the attendance at what would have been a super-cool birthday party this afternoon (horseback riding and everything!!). I tried to let him redeem himself, he behaved well for the latter part of this afternoon, pushed the limits a little harder at the baseball game tonight, then when we got home, goodness gracious!
He took 45 minutes to eat his peanut butter sandwich, a choice which cost him his bedtime story. After getting through with his sandwich, he was instructed to go to his room and get ready for bed (the SAME instructions he gets night after night, which he's able to complete successfully EVERY OTHER NIGHT, just in case anyone is wondering).
After about 15 minutes, I start to wonder if he's actually tucked himself into bed, because normally he brings his clothes out into the living room to change clothes, unless he's REALLY tired, then he gets ready for bed and does sometimes tuck himself into bed. So, I go and check on him.
To my surprise, I find him in his room playing with some toys. In the same clothes that he had been wearing earlier. Completely disregarding his very clear instructions to get ready for bed.
REPEAT INSTRUCTIONS. Then reiterate that he has disobeyed Mommy and that we DO NOT DISOBEY Mommy in this house.
Then I see it.
In this short period of time, he has become a grafiti artist. He had taken a green marker and had drawn a big "X" on our wooden (untreated) game cabinet in his room. Only later, upon closer inspection and cleaning attempts do I find out that he's also drawn on his wooden bed in the same lovely green shade of marker, albeit in a smaller oval shape in a more discreet location.
AHHHH!!!!!
*deep breath*
Anyone know what gets marker off of wood? I tried some soap and water, which worked to some extent, but am thinking I'm going to have to invest in one of those Magic Erasers I keep hearing so much about.
Was today "defiant-day" on some calendar and I just wasn't clued in?
Hey Rebecca! I don't have any ideas how to get marker out of wood! Aggg! Anyways, hope you get a chance to check out my blog soon!
ReplyDeleteHey Rebecca! I just saw your blog listed on Jen Karnes. I hadn't heard about Tatum. Congratulations! She's beautiful. I hope that life is wonderful for you guys. Many Blessings! Audra
ReplyDeleteThat little boy not only looks like Matt...he obviously acts like him too! It's me Mandy (Peoples) Benedix. I'm so glad I found you guys on this thing. My new blog is benedixfamily.blogspot.com Tell Matt I said hello!
ReplyDelete