Monday, July 07, 2008

Update, as promised!!

Sorry I've been scarce...but here's an update (I'll give you all the short version)

1. We've moved, and are 95% moved and settled into the new house
2. I managed to get a staph infection in the process, actually, prior to the move if you want to truly get technical - got a rocephin shot (antibiotic #1) and antibiotic #2 (about a week and a half ago)
3. The sulfer-based antibiotic(#2) given to me to treat the staph infection caused a secondary infection (NOT fun), which necessitated another antibiotic (#3) ON TOP of the other antibiotic to treat the secondary infection (approximately 4-5 days after the onset of the staph infection...Tuesday of last week)
4. I missed most of last week at work.
5. I finished both of those antibiotics yesterday and thought I was over with it all.
6. I called the dr's office this morning to get the results of the staph culture and found out I have MRSA staph - so the ENTIRE family has to bathe in hepiclens soap & use bactroban in our nasal cavity (sorry, TMI, I'm sure) and on any cuts/scratches/wounds for 10 days, AND I have to take ANOTHER antibiotic (#4) for 10 days.

It's been oh-so-fun around here...and the move and my healing time would have been greatly dimished, in my opinion, if my mom hadn't been staying with us, so a BIG thank you goes to Grandma for all the help!! The kids already miss you terribly!!

And, it probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, prayers would be MUCH appreciated for healing!! I especially would like prayers that NO ONE else in the family gets even ONE IOTA of this. I'll take it all so that neither of the kids gets this.

No comments:

Post a Comment