Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Kellen the computer whiz?

Ok, well maybe whiz is too strong, but Kellen started telling me today how he liked his "old" school better than his "new" school. So I began the questions to investigate why. Come to find out, they have a longer rotation before they're able to use the computer, and he really likes playing on the computer more often than he's able to now given the number of students in his class.

Who knew?

I guess I should have realized that because he was often at the computer center when I picked him up from daycare, but I obviously never gave it a second thought.

So, we went straight to the computer, and he immediately asked me to go to playhousedisney.com, or to pbskids.com, or to noggin.com, "Whatever choice you want to make, Mommy."

Uh huh. Can you tell which channels are on the TV at our house? And can you tell we have lots of discussions about 'choices' over here as well?

Playhouse Disney it was, and he proceeded to play several games, and he did great! These weren't just your standard video games, these are of the educational variety, so bring 'em on!

I told him as he was getting ready for bed tonight that if he has good days at school, playing on the computer can be his reward.

He was so excited! I love learning more about my kids every day! I love that I can be around them every day, and STILL learn new things about them....

No comments:

Post a Comment