Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Remembering the fallen

Today is the anniversary of the fall of Bonfire. I can hardly believe that it's been 9 years since that horrific day.

For those of you that knew Aggieland when Bonfire was around, take a moment to think back on those times...for those of you that didn't, I'm sorry. I feel like Aggieland is missing a little piece of itself now that Bonfire is gone...and it goes deeper than just Bonfire itself. The campus now truly isn't the same, and I don't think I'm feeling that just because I'm "staff" or because I'm "old ag" - I really just think it's different. There's a shared bonding that's missing, a..."something"...that I just can't quite put my finger on...

But anyway...

Take a few moments and say a prayer for the families of the 12 individuals that gave their lives on this day nine years ago, while they were participating in an activity that they were passionate about. Granted, these 12, nor any of those injured probably EVER thought that this would happen - goodness, did anyone? But it did, and their families have now had to live without them for all these years. Pray for their peace, their comfort...pray that the Lord allows them to feel His peace and to truly heal from this horrific incident.

Miranda Adams
Christopher Breen
Michael Ebanks
Jeremy Frampton
Jamie Hand
Christopher Heard
Timothy Kerlee
Lucas Kimmel
Bryan McClain
Chad Powell
Jerry Self
Nathan West

Aggieland truly hasn't been the same since that day...

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I haven't really spent time on campuss since graduating. Sad, but true. This past Saturday at the A&M/BU game was my first 'homecoming' of sorts with the Aggie Family. I COMPLETELY agree - something is different. It made me a little sad. I thought I was just because I'm older, but it's nice to see that others feel the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete