Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Fun

It was another great weekend in our household, but it was an eventful one...a REALLY eventful one.

On Saturday we had Turkey Fest, a potluck Thanksgiving party with our Sunday School class...picture over 100 total people invading one blessed family's house...farm, really, and you can begin to imagine Turkey Fest. It was WONDERFUL! Here are some pics...




Sunday morning I decided to try to dress up my princess for church, and got her really dolled up...Take a look for yourself...Isn't she just precious? She actually WANTED to take pictures for me! And look at the many moods of my Tatum-princess....And just in case you're wondering, the bows came out before we got in the car, went back in when we got to church and actually lasted through Sunday School, but not all the way home :)










Then on the Sunday afternoon...Matt was working on a project outside, slightly before naptime, when he hollered for me to bring him some paper towels. I did, then noticed him hunkered down holding his finger. His bleeding finger. Oozing, bloody, bleeding-all-over-the-back-deck finger. Apparently as he was working on changing the light fixture (switching from the lantern-style to a two light floodlight), the saw he was using slipped, cut through his glove and into his finger. He bandaged it up, FINISHED THE PROJECT, ate a bowl of left-over spaghetti, looked at the finger closely again to see if the pressure had stopped the bleeding and to see if it needed stitches, then decided that it did. So off to the ER he went, about 2 1/2 hours AFTER the initial incident.

Yup. That's my hubby. Is it a man thing to want to finish a project you're in the middle of AFTER you get injured? Or is that just my man? Bless him, though...that light is FABULOUS...and does a wonderful job of lighting up the backyard!

WARNING!! Picture of the finger with stitches below...




2 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice to find you again! That picture of Tatum with her "angry" face is just precious. She's gotten SO much bigger since the last time I've seen you guys.

    And totally off topic.. I still have your TIGGER zip up sweatshirt in my hall closet. I found it the other day cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Rebecca she is TOO cute! Seriously, I can't believe how big she's gotten! I don't think I've seen her since she was six or eight months old. Time flies, huh?

    Jonathan totally would have done the same thing that Matt did. Why haven't we gotten together yet? Oh, that's right...I'm a flake, LOL!

    ReplyDelete