Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The best cure for a rough morning

So how sweet is it that when I'm having a rough morning that included a variety of kiddo mishaps and poor choices (although all normal in nature, the combination of them all in one morning makes for one "rough" morning) that as I stop, put my head in my hands and take a deep breath, Kellen remarks, "Mommy, are you having a rough morning?"

To this inquiry I reply, "Yes, Kellen, I just need a minute."

His response, "Mommy, do you want me to pray for you?"

You can melt now. I sure did.

My response, "That would be wonderful Kellen. Why don't you say a prayer."

And he did. It went something along these lines...(and I'll have to paraphrase, but I'll get it pretty close), 'Lord, help Mommy to not have such a rough morning and help me and Tatum not to frustrate her. In Jesus name, Amen.'

And you know what, our morning went much smoother after that prayer was uttered.

1 comment: