Friday, September 11, 2009

Diagnosis: Bronchitis

Well, I'm on Day 8 on my illness, and "IT" was officially diagnosed as bronchitis yesterday morning by the doctor. He also commented that I'm 'very sick'. It was so nice of him to confirm that for me, and I'm truly not being sarcastic at all. You know it's bad when the doctor winces as he's palpating your glands. That's all I'm saying.

So, armed with a myriad of Rx, all of which were of the much stronger variety than the OTC things I had been taking, I went to Kroger to get them filled. It was there I was told that many of them required lots of fluids and water. People, do you not realize that the sole act of swallowing has actually been waking me up for the past week? As in, fall asleep...NOT swallowing for 30-45 minutes, swallow in my sleep, which then would actually wake me up from the act of sleeping. At that point, I would coat my throat with throat spray and repeat this process. It has NOT been a fun week.

And I'll also mention that I just love getting sick at the beginning of an insurance plan year...for those of you who have to meet a prescription plan deductible, you'll know what I'm talking about. I no longer have to worry about meeting mine for the year after this illness. It's just too bad that it's an individual and not a family deductible, you know what I'm saying?

At any rate, with a wide array of new and improved drugs coursing through my veins yesterday, I DID feel much better yesterday afternoon and evening. So much better, in fact, that I put in a few loads of laundry and had the energy burst to make dinner last night and actually ate with the kids! Yay for me, more than one meal in a day, which has been what I've managed to swallow this past week, if that. This morning; however, I woke to the realization that the evenings energy burst and feel-good sensation was, in fact, drug induced. The drugs had worn off throughout the night and this morning I opted to take it easy, continue to stay home and rest, let the drugs kick into my system a little longer, and try to recover today and through the weekend before heading back to work. Luckily, because I haven't run a fever through any of this, the doctor indicated that I haven't been contagious, so the two attempts I've made to go into the office haven't been detrimental to anyone's health.

I will say that the kids have been really sweet through this...Kellen has said quite a few prayers asking for Mommy to get better. Tatum has gotten the doctors kit out and used it on me and has given me lots of hugs and pats to try and make me feel better as well. And I have no idea how many cups of hot tea Matt made for me when he was home with me on Monday. They're just so precious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! I didn't realize you were so sick! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete