Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Review of running - February

7 - 2.5 miles
13 - 5.5 miles
14 - 2.5 miles
15 - 2.5 miles
16 - 2.5 miles
17 - 2.5 miles
19 - 6 miles

February mileage total = 24 miles
Average mile per day (February) = 0.857 miles/day

2011 Mileage total = 16.33 + 24 = 40.33 miles
2011 Average mile per day = 0.683

As a reminder, I needed to do an extra 15 miles this month (over and above my yearly goal) in order to catch up from what I didn't do last month. Consistency.

Still working on that consistency.

Also working on figuring out what in the world I did to my ankle/insole.  *sigh*

Note to self for February - don't get so consistent that you end up injuring yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I like your running updates. I like the spiritual running too. I run to expel all of my nervous energy. It clears my mind and my soul. You are getting closer to your goal. I too have issues with consistency. it's hard as a mom and a wife. I know if I don't really push myself out the door (getting out the door is the hardest part for me) that I'll regret it the next day - and it effects my mentality - I am not as happy as I am when I've completed my run for the day.

    I've started running a mile loop so that I can get a good idea how fast I'm running and improve. I run that a couple of times a week and then at least once I go on a free run - no real plan of the route I'm taking or how fast I'm going - I just run (I do have a goal of how long I want to run). Although I've only been doing this for a short time (2 weeks) I can see an improvement. The mile loop is really helping set a faster pace and the "free" run is helping to prevent redundancy.

    ReplyDelete