Thursday, March 03, 2011

She's 4!

I put her to bed last night as a 3 year old....and this morning she woke up as a 4 year old.

I'm not too sure that she's excited about being 4.  She's talked about it, but last night we discussed when she was going to turn "5".  I think that in her mind, when she's 5 she gets go to go school.  I'm continually telling her that she DOES go to school, but I guess because I interchange the words "school" and "daycare" with regard to her school, she doesn't feel quite as grown up as her brother - who truly goes to "school".

4 years old.

Wow.

Here she is a little before her 1st birthday....




And her first birthday....This party was just so much fun! 





Her 2nd birthday....
On her actual birthday - 


And at her birthday party at a park really close to our house....The thing I remember most about this party was that it was windy!!  She had a great time trying to fly her kite!



In case you're wondering about that scratch on her face, it was actually a scar by that point.  A 'friend' at day care mauled her and left some lovely scratch-marks on her face.  Luckily, the scar has faded quite a bit over time, and shows up when her face gets red or she's really hot.  Otherwise, unless you know it's there, you would most likely never notice it.

Here she is for her 3rd birthday.....This one we had in our backyard, and I'm so thankful that the weather cooperated for us!


And now we're at #4.

Have I already said wow?

Some things about Tatum....
  • She can be as sweet as can be
  • She can be a toot
  • She's adorable while she's being a toot
  • She knows that she's adorable while she's being a toot
  • She loves to read and be read to
  • She can count in both English and Spanish
  • She can sign her alphabet in sign language
  • She adores and idolizes her big brother, and wants to do everything like he does
  • She can't wait to go to kindergarten
  • She loves to play dress up
  • She loves to have tea parties - with anyone she can get to sit down with her
  • She loves her baby dolls
  • She loves crafts and art projects
  • She's meticulous in doing crafts and her art projects, gluing things in straight lines or 'correct' patterns, coloring within the lines, etc
  • She dawdles
  • She likes oatmeal, cereal, Dad's morning mess, or Grandpa's pancakes for breakfast
  • She loves chocolate
  • She still loves her 'lovey'
  • She is a wonderful big sister to Jacey, and is ready to teach her how to do all sorts of things
  • She has never met a stranger
  • She doesn't know how to be quiet
  • She's incredibly entertaining
  • She loves to fold towels and to 'help' Mommy
  • She has beautiful long hair and likes for me to fix it in a pony tail, pig tails, or pig tails with braids
  • She loves to go fishing with her Daddy
  • She is, and will always be, my princess
Happy birthday, sweet girl.  Always know that you are loved and adored!

No comments:

Post a Comment