Sunday, September 18, 2005

2 Percenter...

Is what I'm feeling like today...The heat just got to me yesterday and I had to leave the game (for those of you asking, "What game?" - Shame on you - The Aggie game!) I'm blaming it on a combination of meds and total bodily exhaustion from the weeks of health issues...but I just couldn't adapt to the heat at all. And I wasn't alone...it seemed like people were dropping like flies! It was SO HOT! I can't imagine what it would have been like had there been no breeze! Yikes! But, Judy and I went over to the MSC and watched the rest of the game on the big screen TV in the air conditioning...(I know, I know...feeling like a major 2%'er here...), but it just wasn't worth either of us getting really sick. Even with slathering the sunscreen on, Matt looks like a lobster today. I know he's hurting because he actually took the aloe vera with him to work...it has to be bad if he's doing that! I think the sun got to him, too - he had a major headache for most of the day today, despite taking aspirin and drinking an entire pot of coffee...it was just so hot!!

Anyway...66-8 Whoo Hoo & a big Whoop on that one! Way to go Ags!

It was really nice to see Jen & Jason, too...we haven't seen them since the Cotton Bowl last year - man-oh-man, I hadn't realized it had been that long, has it really??? They came down with some friends of theirs and we girls actually met up at the MSC, escaping the heat, and we all ended up going out to eat at, where else, Wings N More after the game. The girls swung by our place, let my babysitter go to work on her thesis-writing (thank you Maria!!!), grabbed Kellen and got our name on the waiting list...45 minutes was not really that bad of a wait...considering that it was game day and all.

To back up, Matt and I actually had a night out on Friday night...Went to First Yell - our first First Yell, actually. Singing Cadets was the first opener...followed by the Aggie Wranglers, then Percussion Studio (I finally got a change to see them, Jen - after how many years of trying to get them to perform Aggieland Saturday?) They were all great, and I actually have one of my grad students that is a member of Percussion Studio this year...I believe that after that little performance Matt and I will be attending their fall show this December, yes sirree bob...We enjoyed all of it, except for the opener comedian...he had some funny jokes, but all-in-all he was NOT a family friendly comedian...and that was what we (and lots of other folks) were there for. There were a lot of people there with little kids, as this is touted as a family friendly occasion...I'm thinking that I'll be hearing some comments about this one at work on Monday.

Bill Envall was GREAT! His bit was an hour and a half long...and I didn't stop laughing for much of that 90 minutes. I felt like I had just been through a marathon ab workout (if I can remember what one of those feels like...). He had us in stiches! I can't remember when, or even if, I've laughed that hard or for that long. We didn't get out of there until after 11 PM...picked Kellen up by 11:30 and he was sacked out. I think he might have fussed for 15 seconds when Matt laid him down in his bed again...other than that, we heard nary a peep from him. The babysitter, the daughter of a co-worker (aren't you guys proud...I'm actually working up a set of babysitters - finally...) was great. We will (hopefully) be able to use her to cover some of the football games this season.

All-in-all a nice weekend...got quite a bit done and despite having two different babysitters on two different days, we really got to spend some time playing with Kellen, too. He's gone on the potty a couple of times this weekend - YEAH!! Although I'm thinking that the pull-ups might not be the best route to go because he doesn't seem to mind peeing on Buzz Lightyear...even when I tell him that when he puts on the Buzz Lightyear pull-ups that he needs to tell me when he has to pee pee and we'll pee pee in the potty and not in Buzz. Hmmm...I'm not pushing this, so I guess we'll just wait and see on this one...

And he was so sweet saying his prayers tonight...

"Bless Daddy work. Bless Mommy work. [Not quite sure why I got a work blessing, but whatever] Bless frog. Bless Daddy work. Bless Shrek home. Bless book. Bless Daddy work."

He sure does love his Daddy! We had thought that he didn't understand the difference between work and home...but he seemed to make the distinction tonight. I'm still not quite sure why I got a work blessing since I was at home, but he blessed Shrek home...so there is some sort of distinction going on there in his mind. Just now quite sure that we can understand what that is. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say about the title of this post:

    Whatever. I know you couldn't be referring to yourself as a two-percenter. Perhaps you were a 99% in this particular instance, but never less than that!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete