Monday, September 26, 2005

I think he missed his daddy

Matt worked a monster-shift...~80 hours, actually. Luckily, his relief called in early today and, after finding out how long Matt had been at work, graciously offered to come in early so that Matt could come home. He came into the office a little after 4:15 to surprise me (although it wasn't actually a surprise - I had called the station to talk with him around 3:45 and Hebert had told me he was on his way home - sorry honey!). It was; however, still wonderfully nice to see him after so long! He decided since it was so close to me getting off of work that he would swing by and pick up Kellen at school and just meet me at home - I would have LOVED to see Kellen react to THAT surprise!

So we all got home and Kellen just wanted to be close to his Daddy, but still wanted Mommy close by, too. This is actually something that he doesn't get all too often, which we're trying to counter. Some of his demands were:

"Get Daddy."

"Tickle Daddy."

"Daddy get Mommy."

"More Daddy get Mommy."

"Wake up Daddy - get me."

"Daddy GET UP!"

"Bite." [An explanation might be necessary on that one - he wanted a bite of our food..it always tastes better from our fork, it seems.]

"Daddy come HERE."

"Kellen flop."

It was just adorable. You can tell how much he missed his daddy this weekend...every time that we had prayed, he would start the prayer off by saying, "Bless Daddy work..."

Matt and I were sitting in the recliner in the living room and Kellen decided that he wanted to scratch Daddy's back, so he came over and sat between Daddy and Mommy and scratched, patted, and rubbed Daddy's back. Every once in a while he would just hug his Daddy's back and it looked like he was hanging on for dear life. Their time together is just so precious!

I got Kellen's clothes changed for bed and then read him a book while still in the living room, then he decided that he wanted Daddy to read him a book. Since it was 7:30 and completely obvious that Kellen was tired, I suggested that Daddy read him the book in his room and just put him to bed. So they went into Kellen's room and then Matt came out rather quickly. I looked at him with what I'm sure was a quizzical look on my face.

They apparently brushed Kellen's teeth and then when Daddy started reading the book, Kellen stated, "No read book Daddy. Kellen night-night." Well all-right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment