Sunday, April 13, 2008

The cuteness that is my kids

I find it adorable that when Kellen hurts himself (as in...falling out of the swing at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house onto the pavers and rocks - poor guy) and cries, Tatum starts bawling and squawling in sympathy until assured that her brother is ok.

I find it equally adorable that when Tatum is in her highchair on the deck eating her lunch - late lunch - after her nap, her brother decides to share his animal crackers with her. Despite the fact that she's eating chicken nuggets and apple slices and he hasn't asked if she can have animal crackers. Because he's sharing - unprompted!

I find it equal parts adorable and annoying that I have to "remind" Kellen not to hug his sister so hard - because he loves giving her hugs but forgets that he's bigger than she is sometimes and that his hugs, while super sweet, can be overwhelming to her.

I love that Tatum will walk around the house searching for her big brother, just to be near and play with him. And that he will let her.

I find it adorable that Kellen will continue to pick up Tatum's sippy cup time and time again after she's done an "uh oh" and dropped it. Accidentally on purpose. Again.

I find it adorable that Kellen will tell Tatum how beautiful she looks in her dresses, or her play clothes - with her hair in a bow or a clip - or not. And how she grins when he says that and prisses around afterwards showing off.

3 comments:

  1. Aww...that's so sweet! I hope my two will be just as good siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet, Rebecca. I can't wait for those moments between brother and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca--Hey long time, no see. Your kids are soooo cute!! The last time we saw yall was before Tatum was born. She is beautiful! I hope yall are doing well. I'm glad to have found yall's blog so we can keep up with yall.

    ReplyDelete