Thursday, August 07, 2008

My Kitchen Aid Mixer

My mixer is usually used by Matt, who does a wonderful job of using it to cook breakfast burritos, among other things. I, on the other hand, am just USED to using my hand mixer. You know, the good, old-fashioned, hand mixer. That's what I grew up with and what I know best. Although I wanted the Kitchen Aid mixer, I've been intimidated by it ever since we got it.

Oh, and by the way, we got it when we got married...almost 8 years ago.

Well, after hosting the REU-EXCITE students at the house and twice watching them effortlessly use the Kitchen Aid mixer to whip up their batches of "dirt" both times, I decided to give it a whirl tonight when making the graduation cake.

I just have to say, "I love my Kitchen Aid mixer!"

I really think I can get used to using it! Really! Most of you are probably thinking, well - duh!, but that's actually a pretty big turning point for me, since I wanted to actually put it away in the cabinet when we moved rather than leaving it out on the counter.

I just might have to start baking more often...and my midsection WON'T thank me for that one, I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment