Saturday, August 23, 2008

Weekend at Boerne, Part II (Pictures)




I sincerely hoped you laughed at that video, because little miss Tatum was just cracking us up. She was barely past the point of throwing up, and was having "other" issues that morning as well (see the original Weekend at Boerne post for additional details and the full story), and here she was, begging for more chocolate milkshake. Oh my. Apparently the love of all things chocolate IS genetic...Who knew?

This next picture is a view of the spring fed creek bottom (can't you see the spring flowing through the creek? - LOL - we couldn't either, but has been warned and was expected it, so oh well!) off the back porch of the house. It was a beautiful view and we had lots of fun with the kids on the back porch, as you'll see in some of the other pictures below. This is the creek bed where Daddy and Kellen went on their exploration adventure, and came back with the ear-shaped rock...






How fun for us that they actually had a Shrek playdoh set. We did get some fresh playdoh to add to it, and I believe that this was Tatum's first playdoh experience. She joined right in and had lots of fun with it! She even tried to use the tooth mold as a cell phone, which for her was just about the correct size...




I'll end with a note that the nature and wildlife is just beautiful in this area of Texas. I did; however, get a little tired of my dear sweet husband commenting on the fact that he wanted to shoot everything that wasn't human that he saw during our trip. I appreciate the meat we eat and I try (notice I don't say I do) to understand his all-encompassing love of hunting, but sometimes I like to simply appreciate the nature as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment