I think he decided that he didn't want to take the change of being bitten again...isn't that what it looks like to you?
Then he decided that he DID truly want to feed the ducks again, then wondered why they all decided to swim away when he launched the bread at them...you know, just the way Daddy taught him to throw. I wonder.
So he and I had to have a talk about how to throw food to animals. Poor guy...I guess it is confusing. I told him to throw, and throw he did - just like he was taught!
And we finished off our morning by playing on the playground equipment, of course. Apparently Kellen can climb into the "baby" swing. Who knew?
I'll refrain from going into details about the monster that Kellen turned into on the walk home, but suffice it to say, his body is just not adjusting well to the lack of naps and it is SO impacting his behavior. I was one of those moms - you know...the ones you see in the store, or at the park, or heaven-forbid, walking home from the park - attempting to walk while holding said fit-throwing child and push a stroller with an 18-month old at the same time. The ones that you either feel sorry for, promise yourself you'll never be, or say to yourself, 'my kid will know better than to act like that' - yeah, one of those moms today. Wow. It was great, really.
And to prove my "lack of sleep" theory, everyone took naps today after our large snack at 11...and both kids were OUT until 2:15. Tired? I think so!
How long does your body need to adjust to a new sleep pattern or sleep schedule, anyway?

No comments:
Post a Comment