Tuesday, September 23, 2008

2 Truths & a Lie - Not my Kellen

So I went to pick Kellen up today and the Kids Kamp counselors told me that he cracked them up (again) today. They proceed to tell me the full story, and it made me so proud.

They were playing the game 2 Truths and a Lie, and when it was Kellen's turn, he told the counselor that he wasn't going to play the game because he wasn't allowed to lie and that he got in trouble with his Mommy and Daddy for lying. They tried to use a different word for lie and explain it in a different way to convince him to play, but he stuck his ground and told them, 'No." He basically told them that if he lies he gets in trouble at home and gets a spanking.

I am just SO PROUD of him for sticking up for himself and for not doing something that he was being told by a teacher, an authority figure in his eyes, to do that went against what we had been teaching him. I can only imagine how confusing that must have been for him. We've told him to obey his teachers, yet here they were telling him to do something in direct contradiction to values we've tried to instill in him.

Now you may be reading this and thinking, 'Come on, Rebecca, it's only a game,' but I think to a 5-year old, something as simple as lying in a game setting could be potentially confusing. I think that was a tremendous lesson for Kellen and again, I'm just so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, think that's great! WTG Kellen! I would be so proud! : )

    ReplyDelete