Friday, May 08, 2009

Mommy Make-over

Kellen's class had a Mommy Make-over today...and I walked into his room, which had been transformed into a spa. This morning, before I left for work, I asked him what he wanted me to bring for the make-over.

My list was as follows: make-up, fingernail polish in red, green and blue (yes, he specified those colors), and lotion. My ACTUAL items taken included my make-up, fingernail polish in light purple (sorry, I just didn't have all of the specified colors), fingernail polish remover, cotton balls, lotion, and a LARGE junk towel.

I walked in, was greeted enthusiastically by Kellen, given a bottle of water and offered a cookie, then escorted to my seat. He proceeded to paint my nails, then gave me an arm massage with lotion (which, is actually VERY nice...have one of your kids try this at home). He then went to work on my make-up, and did a nice job! I have pictures to prove it and will post later. He ended my pamper session with a back rub and scratching, which I absolutely adore! We had to cut that short for our parade.

Yes, we had a parade through the school to show off our kiddos efforts. Picture a bunch of kindergarden mommies walking through the school wearing the fruit of their kids efforts, to the theme song of Pretty Woman, no less. We were the highlight of the day!

He was having a very 'exclusive' day, as many of his friends wanted to assist him in his make-over efforts with me, and he was having none of it. I did finally move him from saying something along the lines of 'go away!' to 'I want to be the only person helping my mommy, please go away.'

I took him home with me, and on the way to the car, he told me how much he enjoyed me coming to his school and spending time with him. I'm pretty sure his main love language is quality time.

1 comment: