Thursday, May 07, 2009

Things I've learned...

Things I've learned since becoming a Mommy...(watch out, these are really random, and in no apparent order!)

1. Poop can defy gravity...and go all the way UP a baby's back while they're sitting upright. Don't ask me how, but I know it's true. And if you're reading this and you're a parent, you know I'm right.


2. Bodily fluids can go a L-O-N-G way coming from a baby...pee, poo, spit up, throw up. It's amazing how far some of those things can travel. There should be an Olympic sport, and it could be judged on both distance and force. My kids would, at the very least, medal.


3. Girls can projectile pee too. Seriously, this one threw me for a loop. I didn't know it was physically possible, but it is.


4. The person who invented the saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk" didn't breastfeed their child. They would understand the value of that stuff and cry if it got spilled, too!


5. 12 pounds was heavy when I was in my 20's and working out with it...another rep sometimes seemed impossible. Now, "more" is sometimes the phrase of the moment and my kids weigh MUCH more than 12 pounds. I should cut myself some slack on the 'official' part of working out and simply play with them more often.


6. Sometimes a kiss and a hug really DOES fix everything.


7. Boo boo ice solves mystery illnesses, random bumps, and other assorted owies.


8. Love buckets need to be filled the most when those that need the filling seem the least lovable.


9. Taking a deep breath is good. Taking five or ten is better.


10. 'I help you' - Letting your kids help can actually be productive, so long as you don't expect them to live up to unrealistic expectations, and don't set them for yourself either. (I'm still trying to live this one out, especially the last part of this one...)

2 comments:

  1. Becca--I love this entry! All of those things are SOO true! And I'm with you--I was very surprised to learn about/experience the projectile peeing from our sweet girls. :)

    ReplyDelete