Sunday, July 12, 2009

How many?

How many movies does it take to make one princess feel better? I'm not worried about how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. I want to know what I can do to make my Tater-tot feel better!

She had a rough night, and then wanted to crawl into bed and snuggle with me at 6 am this morning (her normal wake-up time). We snuggled until almost 7:30, then finally crawled out of bed. I took her to the potty, then as I was getting her to wash her hands, she and I got into a little battle of wills over washing her hands.

Totally unlike her! To clarify, the unlike her part was the problem with washing hands, not necessarily the battle of wills part....

As I was 'helping' her wash her hands, she commented that she didn't feel well, and I realized just how warm she really felt. So we called to our resident expert to get the thermometer and 'take my temperature'. Sure enough, she was running a verifiable low grade fever.

And wouldn't you know it, this was our Sunday to work in the nursery during second service. Ug. A phone call later, that was worked out and rescheduled.

So, we tried to get some fluids in her...water didn't work, 'pink juice' didn't work, even though we tried to tell her it was just like kool-aid (she wasn't buying what we were trying to sell), nada. She decided she wanted to watch Kung-fu Panda on mommy and daddy's TV. We obliged. Sometime during the movie, I went in to snuggle with her and there must have been superglue on me somewhere, because I was no longer allowed to leave her side. Even after she fell asleep nestled into me, as I unfortunately found out when I tried to get up after she had been asleep for a while.

Bad move on Mommy's part, in case you were wondering.

For our movie count...we're at two viewings of Kung-fu Panda, one viewing of Bolt (paused due to the urgent but albeit shortlived need to go play in the pool - and yes, we thought the cool water would feel good to her!), and are currently viewing Pinocchio.

Hopefully I'll have an answer to my question soon, but as the movie count rises, so does her temp. *Insert my sad face here*

No comments:

Post a Comment