Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Shall we bring back the nickname?

At one point in time, Kellen's nickname was Crash. Given his adventures the last few weeks, I believe it might be time to bring back the nickname.

We've already gone over the incident at the bowling alley that resulted in the split chin the Friday prior to the 4th of July weekend. So we're clear on that one, right?

Well, I received a phone call on Monday from daycamp, and when they use the words, 'front flip cannonball' when describing the incident, you just HAVE to know it isn't a good thing!

Apparently, Kellen decided to do a front flip cannonball off the side of the pool INTO the water. He made it (for those of you adventure freaks wondering), but managed to hit his head in the process. HE says he hit his head on the bottom of the pool, but no one is sure if that is actually what happened (since he was wearing a life vest at the time).

I'm really glad I don't overly freak out when I get these phone calls...Really!

So I got the call, asked if it actually knocked him out, asked how bad the bleeding was, about the head injury, etc, etc. He was, at the time of the call, eating lunch, and the counselors had treated and bandaged it up and were simply calling to let me know. Once I reiterated the facts as I understood them - that he had basically scraped his head on the side of the pool and was, for all intents and purposes, fine, I let them know that I would just look at it when I picked him up after work.

He does; however, have a slight bald spot where the abrasion is...it basically scraped the hair off! Now don't get me wrong, I watched him closely all night and continued to ask if he was dizzy, if he had a headache, etc...

But he was fine, really....and played with Tatum and a friend that we had over for dinner Monday night like nothing had happened.

And speaking of his 'friend'.....oye. I had a friend and her daughter (Kellen's age) over on Monday night. By the end of the night, Kellen was telling her dad that he was her 'boyfriend boyfriend' and she was his 'girlfriend girlfriend'. Did you know that if you only say the word once that it means you're just friends? If you say the word twice, it means that you want to marry the other person.

Um. Hello!! They're 6 years old! (And I'm giving Kellen a few weeks by making that comment here...)

And here I was thinking Kellen still thought that girls were yucky and gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment