Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kid funnies

I should try and do a better job of writing these types of things down as they happen...but that's mommy guilt that I'm trying not to let myself shoulder...

Here are some that I can recall from recent times...in no certain order...

*Tatum LOVES the story of 'Pocono'. I bought her a short board book of the Disney favorite (there's your big clue) for Easter, I believe (perhaps even last year??) and over the last week or two, it's been a huge hit. We must read about Geppetto, Jiminy cricket, etc. And I will probably cry when she begins to pronounce this word correctly, because she's incredibly verbal and rarely mispronounces things.

*Tatum is a girly girl (as if that hadn't already been established time and time again on this blog) and as of last night, her toenails were plain. She declared to me, as she was eating dinner, that she wanted pretty toes, AND FINGERS. So last night, after dinner, I painted her toenails and fingernails as she sat in her pink princess chair. As a sidenote, she's doing much better with sitting still during this process. I should have gotten a picture of her sitting there, with the wet nails, perfectly still, watching Yo Gabba Gabba as they dried. A little while later, she looked at me and asked, "Are they ready now, Mommy? Can I move?"

This morning, daddy asked to see her pretty fingers, and she showed him, then exclaimed, "And my thumbs, too!"

*Tatum has mastered her vocal range. And she tries to use this to her advantage when throwing a fit. Unfortunately, she hasn't learned quite yet that this works against her in these times.

I'll post more as I think of them...'cause these kiddo's regularly keep me in stitches over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment