Anyway, I thought that while on maternity leave I would have the opportunity or take the time to actually DO the things included in these daily emails, but I seem to only manage a few days at a time each week before I stop. Apparently the routine part of this system hasn't quite stuck yet.
So today, my cleaning challenge is to see how many of the small 'projects' from the emails that I can do today. (Nah, that doesn't fly in the face of the FlyLady baby step principle or anything) Here is the list of things I managed to do this afternoon:
- purge underneath the kitchen sink (get rid of almost-empty cleaners that don't spray because they're so empty, etc)
- decluttered the food storage containers
- decluttered and reorganized the pantry (then moved on to the drawer in the kitchen that serves as a 'junk' drawer - it's amazing how many pairs of 3D glasses we have kept after the movies!)
- swept and mopped kitchen floor
- cleaned the ceiling vents in the bathroom
- cleaned off the left side of our desk (odd one, I know)
- cleaned bathroom door knobs
- cleaned the right side of the desk (tackle it one step at a time)
- cleaned screen on the computer monitor
- made list of items needed for bathroom (conditioner is out!) and office (printer paper, anyone? wishing I had bought some for the house when I bought for Kellen's school supplies!)
- cleaned baseboards in both bathrooms (and they still look dirty...I think it's the paint, as they are in dire need of a new coat of paint. But this is a rent house and we aren't doing that.)
- cleaned the front of both bathroom vanities
- 5 Minute Room Rescue (folded and put away 3 loads of laundry)
- cleaned off the 'stuff' that had accumulated on the top of the dryer, then cleaned the washing machine and dryer (it's amazing how dusty they both get and how you just don't notice it!)
- cleaned the glass on the front door, mirrors in both bathrooms, and the full length mirror in the master bedroom
- cleaned out my purse
- dusted walls and ceiling in master bedroom
- cleaned fan and air conditioner vent in master bedroom
- cleaned out my car (pulled all of the kids stuff and trash out (isn't it odd how some things could fit into both categories), vacuumed, and sprayed with fabric freshener
Care to share yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment