Life has been quite a blur lately, with time zooming past me at warp speed.
Tatum has been fighting something for the past week and a half. Saturday night a two weeks ago, she had an explosion down under that I found in the middle of the night when I was checking on the kids. She had apparently slept right through it, poor thing. I got her and her room cleaned up, then put her back to bed. No church for she or I that Sunday, and she continued to get sick off and on all day. She stayed home on Monday with no incidents, then went back to school. Fast forward to last Friday night when we went to the church to watch Hoosiers as part of their dinner and a movie family outing. Kellen has an episode where he "peed poop" and then Tatum spit up her food. It was a combination of lemonade and cake. It wasn't pretty, but wasn't a 'get sick' thing. I think she just didn't like the cake.
Anyway, Kellen was fine after that...no more episodes, but just wasn't acting quite right. Tatum started getting sick that night and through the next day. We couldn't get her to keep anything down, poor thing. So another Sunday goes by where the girls and I don't go to church (we actually kept Kellen home with us as well). Since Kellen had been symptom-free, he went to Awana's, but Tatum didn't make it to Cubbies for their first night. A BIG thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for watching the girls last Sunday while we went to church.
So once again, Tatum stayed home with Matt on Monday, and had no incidents. So, off to school she went on Tuesday while I went in to work with Jacey in tow. After lunch I received a call that Tatum was running a fever and had 3 more bouts of explosions down under, so off Matt went to pick her up from school. Maw Maw and Paw Paw came to the rescue on Wednesday to watch the girls, and although Tatum didn't have any episodes, she certainly wasn't herself....pleased with simply laying on the couch and watching TV with virtually no playing or her spunky personality. So that earned her another day home.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts at keeping Kellen away from any germs that might get him truly sick, Wednesday night he walks into my room and informs me that he's just thrown up. I clean him and his room up and put him back to bed. Side note, it was of course, that precise moment when Jacey woke up and decided that she needed to be fed RIGHT THEN! So I had to listen to her screaming (she can certainly let you know when she really wants something!) for the 30 minutes it took me to give Kellen a shower, strip and clean his bed (and drawers, and inside the drawers, and under the slats, and pretty much all of the wood on that side of the bed), throw his sheets, pillow, and the unfortunate clothes from the drawers into the washing machine and get him settled.
Ug.
So Grandma and Grandpa were planning to come over to watch the two princesses anyway, and they got the added bonus of Kellen on Thursday. By the time I got home from work, both older kids were playing dress up and acting just fine. No incidents, no fevers, no nothing.
I was befuddled as to how Kellen got sick when we had worked so hard to keep the two older kids separated. The mystery was solved Thursday night when I saw Kellen brushing his teeth, then asked Tatum which toothbrush she had been using. Unbeknown to us, she had been 'borrowing' her brothers toothbrush.
We determined that as long as they both had good nights, that they were headed back to school on Friday.
And back to school they both went. Thank the Lord!!
So, you may be wondering why I was going back to work if Jacey wasn't going to day care. Hmmmm....the answer is a long and yucky story about how we thought we had day care lined up for September 1st and then discovered at 2 PM on August 31st that in fact, we did not. I will not go into the details of all of that, but Matt and I explored additional options and have found another day care for Jacey to attend beginning next Tuesday. I am thanking God that He allowed us to go through that without me losing large amounts of hair or stressing out too terribly badly.
So....I've finished out my first (part-time) week back at work, both Kellen and Tatum are feeling better, and Jacey seems to have managed to escape this illness. Today is operation disinfect house Hapes, again, in an attempt to purge all of those icky germs from the house. Again.
In case you're wondering, the toothbrush responsible for the spreading of the sickness from Tatum to Kellen has been punished.
No comments:
Post a Comment