Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Noctural nastiness

and no, I'm not talking about that.

As I was awake last night with my dearest 7 1/2 week old daughter, I realized how quickly I or the nether regions of my brain can turn nasty if I'm pushed.  After 4 hours of fussiness, eating, burping, spitting up, and continually replacing the paci in her mouth, (never mind that I was dealing with this while being sick) my brain went nuts. I had thoughts of taping the paci to her, but of course knew that my noctural madness was just that.

Madness.

I would never do anything to hurt her or cause her bodily harm (just in case you are actually wondering about my sanity level at this point).  And despite suggestions from Facebook friends to utilize duct tape for this particular problem, I would not actually tape the paci to my child's mouth.

A few deep breaths and several looks into her sweet little face later, my brain moved on to the mechanics of finding or developing some contraption to actually keep a paci in a child's mouth.

Anyone out there want to help me with my quest for product development?  I'm thinking this could be my million dollar idea.  Kind of like the folks who made blankets with silky tags all over them. Genius. Considering how much Kellen liked (likes) to rub on silky tags, I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that one.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought the same thing! With all the contraptions and 'things' out there nowadays, you'd think this would be a simple invention!

    ReplyDelete