Tatum's story
It should come as no shocker to anyone reading this that my kids have seen me nurse Jacey (or for Kellen, Jacey and Tatum). And they have also seen me, as Tatum so eloquently put it this morning 'pump the milk out'. So I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when I picked Tatum up from Cubbies last night to see her with her shirt lifted up and the baby against her chest.
Her teacher, a male who is, luckily, a doctor, told me she was playing 'feed the baby'.
I had to laugh, and so I did. Hard.
Only loud enough for him to hear me, I said, 'I would love to hear the other kids talk about that one when they get home,' then shrugged my shoulders and murmered, 'Hey, it's what she sees!'
Kellen's story
When we got out of Bible study last night and I went to pick up Jacey, the nursery workers were hard at work to pacify her. She was apparently hungry, and they had just heated up her bottle. Well, not to be wasteful ('cause hey, we are going through the Crown Bible study AND it takes effort to store up that milk), I let them go ahead and start feeding her the bottle while I went and got the other two kids. When I came back to get her, she hadn't finished her bottle, but was more content, so we packed her up and went home.
Kellen wanted to finish feeding her the bottle, so we set him in the chair and let him.
He did a GREAT job feeding her, and other than the daycare and nursery workers, he's one of 3 people to actually give her a bottle.

No comments:
Post a Comment