Who says you can't celebrate the 4th of July the entire weekend?
Matt and I enjoyed a date night on Saturday night while Maw Maw and Paw Paw kept the kids. We went and watched the newest X Men movie. Oh.my.goodness! I loved it! I really enjoyed the back story aspects, since it filled in quite a few gaps for me. Matt didn't need those gaps filled, of course, since he's read probably every comic book they produced. We both loved it. (I just wish there were a few parts that were a little more tame so that Kellen could watch it. As is, it's a no-go for him).
When we got back, I peeked in on the kids and this is what I saw....
Let me just say...so much of my hearts' joy was contained in this room and I almost couldn't stand it! Aren't they precious? And they're always a notch more precious-looking when they're sleeping.
On Sunday, we had a backyard BBQ and played in the new deck pool.
The kids thoroughly enjoyed the new pool - that includes the 'big' kids, too!
Jacey has almost officially joined the land of the eating kiddos.
She enjoys Nilla wafers, LOVES cheese cubes
(colby and monterrey jack is a decided preference over cheddar).
And Zip the friendly lizard even put in an appearance!
And for even more enjoyment, the 'little' kids had a pool just their size.
And the bigger kids enjoyed that one, too!
Later on that evening, the adults played some games while the kids vegged watching Veggie Tales. It was all they could do to NOT fall asleep. Needless to say, they all went down pretty easily!
No comments:
Post a Comment