Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An effort thwarted

So I've been trying to reduce, reuse and recycle around here, and in general, lately.

But it would appear that my efforts are thwarted on the car seat front.  Jacey has now officially outgrown her infant carrier and base.  I have a new (to us) car seat that I installed late Monday afternoon once I had official doctor's growth stats indicating that she had 'graduated' from her carrier.

Sidenote: The thought occurred to me...I can no longer contain her in her carrier, which was a wonderfully calming method of containment for her in the mornings as everyone else was rushing to get ready and out the door.  No really...she many times would take a short cat nap in the mornings by the door and/or on the way to school.  She'll now be another set of feet in that crazy run-around mix!

We still have Kellen's infant seat (the same one Tatum used) that's 8 years old.  And bases...boy do we ever have bases.  We have given a couple away to some cousins for their second vehicle, but I still think we have three or four of them.

And it doesn't seem like - other than giving it away to someone - that I can get rid of this stuff in any other method other than the trash.  And that is just a shame because there is good life left in Jacey's carrier!  (I'll accept that Kellen's is too old and needs to be trashed, or recycled, but info on how to recycle said carrier would be greatly appreciated!!)

I can't take it to a resale shop and sell it.  I can't even donate it to Goodwill.  So I guess I will check around for ladies I know who are close to having kiddos and see if they're interested!

Update as of noon:  The carseat and bases have officially found a home and I'm beyond thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment